Thursday, July 20, 2023

Plans: Violet Evergarden Reviews

Hello! This is just a short post largely to remind myself of what I want to do. I’m thinking of doing a review of each Violet Evergarden episodes. Each episode is usually a self-contained story in itself, so it should be feasible. Analyses of elements that span across multiple episodes will (hopefully) have their own dedicated posts someday. I’m not thinking of reviewing any of the two movies, however. 

Personally, Violet Evergarden is one of the best series I have watched. At one point I got tired of crying nearly every episode. If you don’t share the opinion, that’s alright. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Even I have some objections to certain things in the series and the movies. I can understand why people like and support the ending of the second movie, but I am a supporter of the view that it would have been better if Gilbert stayed dead. The anime in itself is enough. I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of arguments on this matter so I don’t think I’m going to discuss that. Meaning is a fickle thing, especially when a lot of things are implied. Anyway. Instead of focusing on differences, let us focus instead on what we can agree on: the beauty of the Violet Evergarden anime!

No comments:

Post a Comment